Williamsburg, Virginia is the perfect place to celebrate our nation’s Independence Day. From historical reenactments to patriotic programs to fireworks and more, you’ll have a blast celebrating the Fourth of July here in Greater Williamsburg!
Colonial Williamsburg has a full day of 4th of July events and activities on the schedule. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, plus blankets and lawn chairs to enjoy the fireworks. Coolers are allowed but avoid bringing glass or breakables.
- 9:30 a.m. Young Thomas Jefferson reads the Declaration Of Independence. Location: The Capital.
- 10 a.m. A Salute To The States – a militia muster, Fifes and Drums, state flags, muskets and cannons. Location: Market Square (behind the Courthouse).
- 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. Theatrical Antics of the Chowning Family with a 20-minute performance. (Free with admission ticket)
- 12 p.m. Reading of the Declaration. Location:The Courthouse
- 12:30 p.m. Independence Day Auction. Location: Market Square
- 2 p.m. Conversation with actress Anika None Rose. Location: Hennage Auditorium. (Ticket required)
- 3:30 p.m. Created Equal, theatre experience exploring African American perspectives on the Declaration of Independence. Location: Charlton Stage (Free with admission ticket)
- 4:30 p.m. “Over There!” – a sing-along featuring war-time tunes. Location: Lift-Maore. Location: Hennage Auditorium (Free with admission or museum admission)
- 9:00 p.m. Fireworks! Location: Palace Green.
9:30 p.m. Fireworks on July 3rd and 4th. Park ticket is required.
12 noon – 4:00 p.m. Location: Dewitt Wallace Lawn, 326 W Francis St. The event features Hot Air Balloon Rides, an Old Fashioned Egg Toss, live music from Uncle Jake & the 18 Wheel Gang, and more!
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Head to Billsburg for a hot dog eating contest supporting the homeless pets at Heritage Humane Society. There will be raffles, prizes, delicious food, drinks and MORE! Hosted by: The Hungry Pug Food Truck and Billsburg Brewery All donations will benefit the homeless pets at Heritage Humane Society. Adoptable dogs from the shelter will be on location!
Virginia Beer Company
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Harley Barker with DJ Kudlz will be playing music at The Virginia Beer Company as you enjoy local craft brews and Fish Food by Uncle Russ’ Dockside Seafood Market in the canopied beer garden. Location: 401 2nd Street.
Greater Hampton Roads Area
8:00 a.m. The Yorktown Independence Day 8K & 5K Run/Walk. Parking Location: York High School Location for Walk & Run: Surrender Field
Race Day packet pickup begins at 7 a.m.
9:00 a.m. Patriotic Parade with Live Music. U.S. Coast Guard Training Center Ceremonial Band Yorktown Locations: Water & Main Streets
1:00 p.m. Family Activities including Face Painting, Games, and Crafts, Hot Dog Eating Contest. Location: Riverwalk Landing
4:00 p.m. Event Parking Opens. Location: Yorktown Battlefield (Cook Rd and Ballard St). Food Pavilion Opens – Location: Riverwalk Landing
7:00 p.m. Sounds of Liberty Bell Ringing Ceremony. Location: Riverwalk Landing Performance Stage
8:00 p.m. Super Jazz Band Concert featuring Conni Ironmonger. Location: Riverwalk Landing Performance Stage
9:15 p.m. Spectacular Fireworks Display. Location: Over York River – Yorktown Waterfront
American Revolution Museum at Yorktown
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Salute the 243rd anniversary of the Declaration of Independence with a special lineup of music, military drills, artillery demonstrations and hands-on interpretive demonstrations July 4 at the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown. Outdoors, listen to a public reading of this famous document at noon, join the ranks of General Washington’s Continental Army and cover your ears as historical interpreters fire an artillery salute to the birth of our nation at 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day. Located on Route 1020 in Yorktown
Saude Creek Vineyards
11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Enjoy an afternoon of music, food, super-star slashes and wine. Live music will be featuring Todd Murray from 1-4pm, and good eats from the FoodaTude food truck. Family-friendly event! Location: 16230 Cooks Mill Rd, Lanexa, Virginia
Virginia Beach Oceanfront
9:30 p.m. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy fireworks on the beach. Boaters can also see the show from the water. The event will also feature live music and more.