Join VSO at Yorktown for this free 25th annual outdoor concert on September 2nd !
The Virginia Symphony Orchestra, under the baton of Morihiko Nakahara, returns to Yorktown on Saturday, September 2, at 7:30 p.m. for the 25th annual outdoor concert underneath a canopy of stars (Rain date: September 6). Visitors are encouraged to pack a cooler, bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating, and arrive early for this spectacular night of harmonious music. The award-winning Fifes and Drums of York Town take the stage at 6 p.m. for a festive performance, and blue ribbons will be awarded to the most creative dining set-ups prior to the event.
During this year’s performance, the orchestra will take guests on a musical journey around the world, playing pieces from Ireland, Germany, France, throughout the African diaspora, across Russia and Asia, and then back home to the Americas.
This free concert is presented by the Celebrate Yorktown Committee of the Yorktown Foundation with generous support from York County, the York County Arts Commission, and the Virginia Commission for the Arts, as well as community contributors from organizations, businesses, and individuals. The volunteer-run Celebrate Yorktown Committee works diligently to raise the money needed to cover the costs of this special evening.
Because this performance draws such a large crowd, visitors are encouraged to keep in mind the following important traffic reminders:
- Parking is available in the two-level parking terrace on Water Street, with handicapped parking located on the lower level.
- Additional parking can be found at York Hall, the County Administration Building, York-Poquoson Court Complex, and other designated lots throughout town. For this event only, guests may also park at the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown beginning at 5 p.m.
- To ease the flow of traffic, no loading of equipment, chairs, coolers, etc., into or outof vehicles will be permitted during or at the conclusion of the concert at the corners of Water and Ballard Streets and Water and Buckner Streets.
- The Yorktown Trolley will not be available during and after the concert. Trolleyservice ends at 5:30 p.m.
Additional Event Info:
• Website: www.visityorktown.org
• York County Event Weather Hotline: 757-890-3520
• Facebook, Instagram, & TikTok: @visityorktown #visityorktown