101 Visitor Center Drive Williamsburg
Kick off Christmas Season with social distancing at “Grand Illumination”in Colonial Williamsburg December 5th, 12th & 19th.
Free reservations are sold out for all dates
Grand Illumination will look and feel a little different this year, but our mission remains the same – to bring the Williamsburg community together to celebrate the holiday season. Yuletide entertainment will include the dramatic presentation of an original holiday story, traditional music of the season, and a joyful appearance by Father Christmas, culminating in the Grand Illumination fireworks display.
- This December, our Grand Illumination festivities will be on Saturday, December 5th, Saturday, December 12th, and Saturday, December 19th from 5:30 p.m.– 7:00 p.m. Each night and will feature a single location for fireworks on Palace Green.
- Free reservations are required to view the fireworks and to enter the Palace Green area. If you do not have reservations, you will not be able to view the fireworks from any other location within the Historic Area.
- Capacities will be very limited.
- Audience areas will be marked on Palace Green. All audience areas will be 6 ft from each other to maintain physical distancing protocols. Each audience area is designed for parties of four.
- Chairs will be provided.
- Palace Green will be closed for the Grand Illumination event for the entire day. Only guests with reservations will be permitted into the audience area.
- The area west of North England St from Scotland St to Duke of Gloucester St, including the green space behind the Courthouse will be closed beginning at 4 p.m. each night. The grass area west of the Lumber House ticketing office on Duke of Gloucester St will also be closed.
- Masks are required on Palace Green during check-in and anytime you are not in your designated audience area, including when you are getting food or using the restroom facilities.
- Shuttle buses will run on a 30-minute schedule from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Please note there will be no shuttle service from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. All bus service stops at 6:00 p.m. At 8:00 p.m., the shuttles will resume regular service to all stops until 10:00 p.m.